Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Frogs Will Eat You Fish

 

One of Six Frogs I Caught In My Outdoor 50 Gallon Stock Tank
One of Six Frogs I Caught In My Outdoor 50 Gallon Stock Tank

 

Six of these got into my molly tank somehow and ate almost all of my mollies. This is the smallest one. Since there is no water within a mile of here and the tanks are covered with wire screens, I think they came in on some plants. To catch them I pulled out all the plants and drain the tank. The tank was refilled and the plants (hornwort) returned. The next day there were two more frogs in the tank. MY guess is that they were hiding in the plats I pulled out.

They had a party eating more than 200 mollies. Lots of fry and all the adults. Only three were left. 

Densely Planted 50 Gallon Stock Tank With Hundreds Of Molly Fry And A Few Adults
Densely Planted 50 Gallon Stock Tank With Hundreds Of Molly Fry And A Few Adults

 


No comments:

Post a Comment